AROMICS is a Barcelona-based biotechnology company that specialises in functional genomics and proteomics technologies and their application in research and development of new therapies and diagnostic products targeting relevant human health diseases.
AROMICS aims to act as a link between basic science and industry, developing novel drugs and molecular diagnostic products that address unmet clinical needs and contribute to the well-being of society.
AROMICS is centred on the development of innovative products, services and science. Our strategy is focused on identifying, selecting and validating novel molecular biomarkers and applying them to:
- Develop novel therapies against identified therapeutic targets.
- Develop diagnostic tools to predict and monitor drug response.
- Predict efficacy, toxicity and safety profiles of novel and existing drugs with greater accuracy.
Our commercial vision is driven by Biotech upside opportunities based on licensing, milestones and royalty agreements utilizing our IPR and prototypes, complemented by services for securing the growth of the company.
- Area of Activity
- Drug discovery
- Drug development
- Biotechnology kits
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Company type
- Health Biotechnology
- Technology Services
c/ Victor Pradera, 45
Cornellà de Llobregat , Barcelona 08940 , ES
P: +34 93 204 99 22
F:+34 93 204 98 66
Our staff, composed of highly-qualified and educated professionals (chemists, biochemists, biologist and engineers) with industrial and postdoctoral experience, provides the innovative thinking, R+D+I leadership, commitment and passion necessary to make great research and development happen.
We are convinced that human capital is by far our most valuable asset. That's why we do our utmost to promote continuous education and to provide a stimulating and rewarding environment - not only to attract the best employees but to allow them growing with us.
Chairman of the Board
Chief Executive Officer
Business Development Assistant
R&D project Manager
Scientific Advisory Board
Dr. Nouri Neamati: Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy.
Dr. Albert Abad: Milenium Centre Médic Iradier Unidad de Consejo Y Cuidado Oncológico Milenium Centro Médico Iradier Hospital Sanitas Cima
Dr. Paolo Lombardi, funder and CEO of Naxospharma
AROMICS conducts a number of internal and collaborative R&D projects across a range of therapeutic areas, focused on the identification and validation of molecular biomarkers and their applicability to:
- Therapeutics: promoting new approaches to identify therapeutic targets and developing a proprietary pipeline of novel drugs.
- Diagnostics: developing new testing tools for accurate diagnosis and drug response monitoring.
Human diseases such as cancer and viral infectious diseases like HIV or hepatitis, represent the core of our investigation activity. Our current portfolio at therapeutic area, include two leading projects : NAX035 (for malignant mesothelioma treatment) and AB200 (for viral coinfections), both at regulatory preclinics previous to first clinical indications in humans.
In addition to our activity in health-related research, AROMICS also provides analytical solutions for pathogen identification and monitoring to companies working in non-health related industries, such as the agro-food or environmental areas.
Staffed by an experienced scientific and management team, AROMICS offers its partners a fully translational research program focused on:
- Target-oriented drug discovery programs: Identifying genes and proteins related to human diseases in order to develop specific therapies and to evaluate drugs’ mechanism of action.
- Accurate diagnostics: Developing technologies for the diagnosis and prognosis of complex diseases based on molecular biology.
- Omic sciences: incorporating new technologies to increase our pipeline of relevant techniques for characterizing the mechanism of action of candidate drugs.
All of this activity is supplemented by an international network of research collaborators, including private and public research institutions.
- Leadership through research and innovation of products and services to improve the drug discovery and development processes.
- Commitment focused on improving patients’ quality of life through the improvement of diagnostic methods as well as development of novel treatment options.
- Innovation is our leif motiv, and we constantly seek out new and improved biotechnology solutions.
- Cooperation going beyond conventional expectations, in order to be a strategic partner of reference to our collaborators and customers. AROMICS actively looks for synergies that aid its progress along the path to excellence.
- Quality is a trademark of our projects, services and management activities.
- Motivation, believing in our capabilities and open to constantly expanding them.
- Responsibility towards our clients, providers, investors and employees.
- Respect as the basis for collaboration and team building.
- Participative and transparent management creating a climate of mutual trust and confidence.